programming Basic Information
- Hopping, Millman, and Jones speak on the fundamentals of object oriented programming. They also go into more detail as to the breath of “Oop” and its scale-ability.
- Hopping, C., Millman, R., & Jones, C. (2019, Jul 08). What is object oriented programming? IT Pro, Retrieved from https://er.lib.k-state.edu/login?url=https://search-proquest-com.er.lib.k-state.edu/docview/2253560849?accountid=11789
- Kochar, Wijedasa and Lo’s article speaks on what programming languages are most prominently used in 2016.
- P. S. Kochhar, D. Wijedasa and D. Lo, “A Large Scale Study of Multiple Programming Languages and Code Quality,” 2016 IEEE 23rd International Conference on Software Analysis, Evolution, and Reengineering (SANER), Suita, 2016, pp. 563-573.
code editors or Integrated Development Environments INformation
- Battaglia, Carlos, Roxana, Dana, and Vincenzi’s article describes how software engineering has benefited from the construction of “collaborative virtual enviroments”, or simply web connected services that allow teams to work on code.
- N. Battaglia, N. Carlos, M. Roxana, G. Dana and M. De Vincenzi, “Learning of Software Engineering on Collaborative Virtual Enviroments,” 2017 7th World Engineering Education Forum (WEEF), Kuala Lumpur, 2017, pp. 548-552. https://ieeexplore-ieee-org.er.lib.k-state.edu/document/8467072
- Richard Ellison of The QA People (a site for software development oppurtunity), for which he is a director, speaks on IDEs and code editors. Ellison defines terms that are important for understanding what types of editors are available and how to typify them.
- Ellison, R. (2016, June 20). Software Testing Environments Best Practices. Retrieved February 23, 2020, from http://www.softwaretestingmagazine.com/knowledge/software-testing-environments-best-practices/
- BBC BiteSize has created an interactive website to inform readers on what IDE stands for and briefly talks on programming languages and the software programmers use while coding.
- BBC-BiteSize. (n.d.). Programming languages – Programming software and the IDE – GCSE Computer Science Revision – BBC Bitesize. Retrieved February 23, 2020, from https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/guides/zgmpr82/revision/1
- Tabusca speaks in the Journal of Information Systems & Operations Management to talk on how it is important to have more programmers to tell computers what to do.
- Tabusca, A. (2015). LEARNING A PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE FOR TODAY. Journal of Information Systems & Operations Management, , 1-12. Retrieved from https://er.lib.k-state.edu/login?url=https://search-proquest-com.er.lib.k-state.edu/docview/1771399817?accountid=11789
- Article that speaks on the usability and benefits of having an online code editor. Article speaks on how versatile and constructive Repl.it is for students.
CODE editors and IDE websites
- Verma, U. (2019, March 1). processing/p5.js. Retrieved March 3, 2020, from https://github.com/processing/p5.js/wiki/p5.js-overview
Resource and Library references
- A question & answer site that provides solutions to problems that may arise while coding, great for peer-to-peer debugging, and code validation.
- Site with reference material and “TryIt” editor to allow for testing, and editing of code.
- A code editing and sharing site, notable for the tools it provides for teams to work on different branches of the same code. Code is pushed to the main branch and if accepted, is “commited” and becomes a part of source code.